Thursday 3 April 2014

Back from another long wait between posts...life does that, it just keep going and I do my best to get the things done I need to and constantly play catch-up with the rest.  But I have learned to embrace that and not stress over it.  Time moves quickly and life is short.
We have had a long winter in our neck of the woods.  Very cold with a lot of snow. 
Grace is standing...she sunk down to her waist! 
We broke all kinds of temperature records and I have seen piles of snow bigger than usual.  We enjoyed a few cancelled school days, watched a lot of movies and had a good excuse to stay home...our favourite place to be! 
As I sit in my office today, April 3, it is snowing again!  We are on Spring Break but it looks more like winter break outside.  It is hard to stay positive and believe that spring will ever really come.  I can't wait to see my garden, sit outside and have coffee on my days off, watch the kids on the trampoline, go for bike rides and just breath fresh air that isn't frozen.


  It will come, it always does, but this year it has been harder to believe.
This winter we have gotten serious about finishing off the basement.  Tyler has his bedroom, I have my laundry area and the family room has furniture and a TV (that seems to be the most important part!).  We have a lot of decisions to make regarding storage, flooring and paint colours but we are on our way.  This has been so exciting for us. After talking about it for so long we finally got started. 
I am realizing that all this time we didn't need a bigger house, we just needed to use our space better.  It feels like we are at the point where we each have a favourite spot to call our own, and I am so happy about that.  It is important for the kids to have that kind of space.  We still spend a lot of time together at the kitchen table and in the living room, but now we have options.
I am still working to find my groove with Project Life...loving the idea of celebrating our everyday and actually developing photos on a regular basis.  I have been quite successful with hitting the treadmill on a regular basis (thank you Netflix for motiviating me!).  My goals of cleaning and purging are still goals, slower to complete than I would like.  But since another one of my goals is to be kinder to myself, I am not getting upset...it will get done when it gets done!
Today I greet the day with a quiet cup of coffee, alone time in my office and a waffle feast to share with my kids.  It really doesn't get much better than that!
Cheers.....   

No comments:

Post a Comment