Sunday 8 September 2013

family photo....

We had many adventures this summer and I took hundreds of pictures.
Here we have the only photo of the 5 of us together.
A photo taken with my phone, arm outstretched in front of me, sun blinding us making it impossible to know if we are in the frame or not, my finger in the shot by Grace's face, everyone wet and tired after a full day at Noah's Ark in Wisconsin Dells, my hair looking terrible!
We won't win any contests with this photo.
But it is one of my favourites.
I see a family in the middle of their best vacation.
A family that had an amazing day at the largest water-park we could have ever dreamed to go to.
A family that spent the day laughing, compromising, sharing and making memories that will last a lifetime.
I see a family that loves being together above all else.
Life isn't perfect, it doesn't always seem fair, and it certainly isn't easy.
But it gives us these moments as a reminder that things will be okay.
When we feel the weight of the world or things seem hard, we can go back to that place, to that moment, and remember the love that surrounds us...remember that we are not alone.
Cheers to a wonderful day and to never forgetting what is really important.....

No comments:

Post a Comment