Saturday 14 June 2014

Feeling good....

Yesterday was Friday the 13th and I didn't once feel like something bad was around the corner.  I spent the day at home, puttering around, cleaning and planting some vegetables in the garden.  It was wonderful to have a break from work and get caught up at home.  In the evening the girls and I went with a couple of their friends to the movie in Winnipeg.  The Fault in Our Stars...a wonderful love story with a very sad ending.
I hadn't read the book and I knew very little about the movie, and, after having seen it, I am glad I didn't.  It was heartwarming and heart breaking all at the same time.   I cannot imagine watching my child suffer like that.  I cannot imagine having to bury my child.  But as the movie played out all I could think about was how I hoped that some day my children will all know the love that these characters found with each other.  The way Gus treated Hazel...how he looked at her, listened to her and protected her.  I hope Tyler can find a girl that brings that out in him.  I hope Abby and Grace both find someone that sees them for the special, wonderful girls they are.  I hope they know they are worthy of that kind of love.  I recommend that everyone see that movie, I am glad I did.
Cheers to a wonderful weekend......

No comments:

Post a Comment